Sunday 2 January 2011

Songwriting

And so those who know me very well would know that I dabble in song writing, this fact about me I don't tend to display as what I write isn't a song more a poem to music, and not very long poems at that.

But I am expressing this part of my life on the internet because it is somewhat relevant to what I am doing, or try to do at the moment.

I am simply trying to write a song about me and my life. Not the boring then I went to school and did some homework, slumped in front of the television and then went to sleep type life but what my life has been like.

I have thought throughout my entire life that song was the best way to express yourself. Songs can lift or alter your mood.

When I feel upset Take That’s ‘Shine’ can always lift my mood. When I feel like an outcast Amy Stud’s ‘Misfit’ helps me remember that it’s ok to be a misfit. And when I feel like dancing around like a lunatic Natasha Bedingfield’s ‘Pocketful of Sunshine’ always provides the right soundtrack for that.

So I want to express myself through a song.

But I don’t know how to start. I have the idea of what I would like the song to be about but I can’t get going.

My dear Siegfried Sassoon said that you should not wait around for the great muse of inspiration to hit you, you have to work for your poetry like a military drill.

So when I have a spare few hours I will try to write the song and hopefully the idea for the song and the whole theme of that unit will come out of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment