Wednesday 8 June 2011

Encounter with a Thrush – A Poem

You land on my grass; you hop about as I paint. I see you outside. You fly to the tree, you fly near me. I look over and see you. I smile, I stare.

We exchange glances, then you leave. I smile and wish I could be that free.


I wrote this on a Monday afternoon after I realised I didn’t have a poem to bring to my poetry group on Tuesday.

So looking out of the window for ideas I saw this cute baby thrush.

And I thought that would be fine to write a poem about.

So after writing the poem in my normal way I realised it was better fitted as a prose poem so I made it in to that.

Also an un-known fact about me was that I wrote my GCSE English creative writing exam piece in a similar style. I started to rhyme and then couldn’t get out of it. I don’t know if it made any difference to my mark but I still got a B so I’m happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment