Wednesday 8 June 2011

Odds - A Poem

How to decode
   The flip of a coin.
Even Odds.
I say instantly
Coins hate me
    you choose.
My fear of odds.


‘Odds’ is one of those poems that I wrote in the shortest time possible. This is down to two things the first is it is one of the shortest poems I have ever written (if you exclude the hundreds of Haikus) but also it is short due to the fact I don’t think it needs to be any longer!

The poem started of from the words ‘Coins hate me, you choose’ this is something I have always said when having to flip a coin in some form of decision making.

I don’t know what stated my fear of odds when it comes to coins but with any other aspect of my life I will always try to break and beat the odds of a situation.

Recently I have been starting work on a project for art with the theme of Alice in Wonderland. I am making all five dresses that I will need for the project and my best friend said to me I was insane for even trying.

I’m still going with the dress making and I enjoy doing it but some part of me doesn’t just want to do the dresses because I like making them but because I want to beat the odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment