Wednesday 8 June 2011

Tommy - A Poem

I hadn’t seen you in five years
and then I found you…
        On Facebook.
First contact with you,
            Oldest friend

Reminiscing about you

That very first memory…
      Just walking to school.

When you said to me…
      ‘When we’re married, can we live in London?’

Our last time together…
       A simple hug and a good-bye.

Checked your pictures,
   Still as I remember.
            Only more mature.
the same eyes and smile.

I miss my old life and you.

I miss you, Tommy, my first love.


This poem is dedicated to one of my best friends, Tommy. Other than a few simple lines written to each other on Facebook I haven’t seen or spoken to him in over eight years.

But still to this day I will remember him.

I’ll remember him as a friend how was always there, a friend who found me again, and the friend who was my only childhood love.

No comments:

Post a Comment