Tuesday 9 November 2010

9th November and the Sun

So today was the first time I saw the sun in the Lake District since before I could remember, this could be because it has been terrible weather for weeks or I have a very bad memory. Whichever I saw the sun today!

The sun is always one of those dependant things that we sometime take for granted, a bit like water. But when the sun is gone we miss it beyond what we can imagine, though most of us don’t realise we miss it so.

 I posted the song by Dido See the Sun before this post and this song is the winter depression eliminator, Dido sings in the song:

And you probably don't want to hear tomorrow's another day
Well I promise you you'll see the sun again
And you're asking me why pain's the only way to happiness
And I promise you you'll see the sun again

When you listen to the story in the song it is true in the chorus she cannot guarantee that, I presume her close friend, will be happy again or they will be able to carry on with out the person that they lost but Dido can promise that they will see the sun again.

I can never guarantee anything for you be it a job, a marriage, a family or a friend but I will promise you will see the sun again be it the real sun and the moment that you look up and soak in the ray make you happy for a nano-second or a metaphorical sun of your own choosing but you will always see the sun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment