Tuesday 2 November 2010

Hi I am a... Writer



New Zeland Coast near Goat Island
 
During my time at school we, as students, are constantly being asked what we want to be in the future or what job we would want to do or where we would want to live or go to uni. But I am so indecisive I have no idea.

I have never been able to define myself as anyone or to a certain job, once I have my mind set by saying I want to be a painter I automatically start to think that I want to be illustrator for books then I think to write my own books then after a few hours I am left confused about who I would want to be in the future.


Venice - The Rialto Bridge
 
I know I want to travel and see the world. But other than that I am undecided. I don’t know what will happen next week let alone a few years away.

The world travelling will go from Italy and Europe to America to Japan and then to New Zealand. And hopefully by that time and a few crazy jobs later I will find out what I want to do with myself but till then I have to just smile and nod to the teachers who say we have to decide now who we are and who we are going to be.

I have been defined as many things that you would have read about in the Stereotypes post. But the only thing that I want to be defined as is a writer be it a poet, novelist, journalist or any other sort.



My guitar - Loral
 Someone once said to me ‘You are an artist’ but I would never consider myself as that art is a subject that I do not something that I would desperately want to be. Or have a main focus around because nothing brings me more joy than to sit down and write whether it be poetry, stories or just doing this blog.
I am inspiring to be a singer songwriter as well but I think I may have better luck cracking the publishing industry than the record industry. But that leads me on to my whole inspiration issue.


To me at least writing a story about someone else is relatively easy, made up names, characters and places and can be a kind of escapisms for me but having to write a song about my self is the hardest thing I have to write. Won’t stop me trying to write despite the brick wall that keeps getting higher and higher for me to climb over.

But I am a writer that’s who I am today and who I will be tomorrow who I am next week year or decade is unknown for some that may scare them for not knowing the future but for me that thought couldn’t be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment